Published on July 30, 2010
This is a very small update of Precious and nothing terrible will happen if you don’t upgrade.
But what’s been done is:
- Fixed header.php, so your blog’s tagline are included in the title-tag (which can be good for SEO)
- Included all translation files, so you don’t have to install them separately
- Introduced deprecated.php (found in the lib directory) which contain functions no longer needed
Download Precious 22.214.171.124
Published on July 26, 2010
I’ve set up a new page for donations to this project, which gives you the options to donate monthly or just do an one time donation.
As the page says, every donation to development of Precious is highly appreciated and it doesn’t matter how big or small the donation is.
Yes, 1$ is enough
I was looking at the download stats of Precious the other day, and thought that «If I’ve gotten 1$ for each download, I’ve could have paid my bills for several months».
And if it was $1 pr. download every month, I could start to give some money back to WordPress and other developers.
So, yes, $1 is enough if you’d like to donate to the project, no matter what donation option you choose.
Published on July 25, 2010
This year I decided to give my husband his own domain and a complete redesign of his blog for his birthday.
For the redesign it was of course naturally for me to create a Child Theme of Precious, and I’m posting this to simply give you a little inspiration to what you can do.
Now, the site is not entirely finished in time of writing, as my husband couldn’t wait longer to go live with his new blog
Anyway, visit audunwangen.net to have a “looksee” (note: the blog is in Norwegian).
Published on December 19, 2009
WordPress 2.9 is out, and it’s time about thinking of WP 3.0 which will be something really, really special, and of course there it’s time to talk about a new default theme.
After reading around a little bit, I do believe the best thing would be a special made default theme.
Thoughts on a new WordPress default theme continued »
Published on August 30, 2009
Precious version 4.0.1 comes with the ability to use custom Single Templates, just like you can have Custom Page Templates.
You can use this feature if you need a slightly different setup on single posts in a special category, a special tag etc, etc.
How to create a Custom Single Template for Precious
- Open the single.php template file found in the precious directory.
- Edit the file to your needs
- Save file as single-something.php
Custom Single Templates in Precious continued »
Published on August 27, 2009
Version 4.0.1 of Precious Parent Theme fixes some bugs, gets rid of some outdated codes and adds some features that didn’t make it in the 4.0 release.
To download Precious 4.0.1, see the theme’s page or visit WordPress Themes
- Font size on code and pre-tags in Firefox and other Gecko-based browsers (reported by David Cabana )
- Fixed styling of the trackback/ pingback list
- Fixed bug with the Frontpage pagetemplate
- Fixed typo in comments.php
Precious 4.0.1 released continued »
Published on July 9, 2009
Finally Precious 4.0 is here.
The theme takes the best from Basic2Col and the original WordPreciousss plugin and blend it in to one theme – Feel free to download it, test it, and give some feedback.
Precious is a parent theme, or a theme framework if you like.
This means that the theme is really designed for creating child themes and give you a good staring point in doing so.
It’s here – Precious 4.0 continued »
Published on May 8, 2009
Update on May 20:
If you’re brave and want to test Precious Parent Theme, you may download Precious 4.0 Beta 1 - requires WordPress 2.8 beta 1
The next generation of WordPreciousss is planned to be ready by the end of May ’09.
Precious (Parent) Theme is almost ready; it still lacks some widget coding and page templates. If you’re wondering how it will look like, it will look just like the site you’re on.
- However some time will be spent on putting wordpreciousss.org together; I need to make the parent theme ready, and then I need to make a child theme that’s useful for this site and how I’m planning to put it together.
But: WordPreciousss 4 is comming. – finally.